WE ARE CURRENTLY RECRUITING FOR A NEW GENERAL MANAGER
We are looking for a new General Manager to help build on recently laid foundations for the next chapter of the club’s future, and to lead our team to deliver high quality services to members and visitors. The General Manager will report to the Chair and Management Committee.
The General Manager will be responsible for:
· the successful implementation of the Club’s strategy developed in conjunction with the Management Committee. A particular focus will be to retain members, increase the number of female members and drive visitor income.
· the management of staff (approx 15) to achieve high quality results and customer service for members and guests.
· the delivery of successful recruitment, sales and marketing campaigns.
· working with the Club Captain and golfing committees to deliver an effective golfing environment
· delivery against regulatory requirements (eg health and safety, environmental standards, safeguarding).
· cost control against budget.
· human resource management (supported by an external consultant).
· effective communication with members, visitors and other stakeholders.
We are a 7 day a week operation and the General Manager will be required to work on site on a flexible basis to suit the activities of the club.
The successful candidate will demonstrate:
· managerial experience preferably within a golf club environment
· understanding of Golf
· commercial understanding of running a business.
· hands-on experience of running golf events and club social events.
· effective management of staff
· ability to engage with members and visitors
· flexible approach to carry out the duties required.
· strong verbal and written communication skills.
· understanding of golf specific software
Remuneration- A competitive salary and package, commensurate with experience and skills.
To apply please send a current CV, with a covering letter outlining your suitability for the role, together with details of your current role and remuneration package, by email to the Club Chair Roger Greenacre at firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 11th June 2021.